Sunday, October 5, 2008

An Ungrateful Heart

I am missing the past, wishing the present away, and dreading the future.

I am not being thankful for memories, thankful for my time now, or trusting the future to the One who holds it in His hand.

I do realize this. I also realize its not good.

It makes me upset.

Apparently not enough to do anything about it.

Sometimes I just wonder what in the world I am doing.

How have I ended up at this place in my journey?

Steady hands, just take the wheel......

Lay down your burden, I will carry you
I will carry you, my child

Is this what I'm unwilling to do? Surrender my burdens to the only One that can help me handle?

All I know is that if I don't get out of this phase soon, I am really going to regret it later.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marah, Marah, Marah...

Life got ya down? I wish I had an easy answer for you.

Speaking from experience... I know the Lord IS strong enough to bear any burden you could possibly have. He desires to be your burden bearer.

Psa 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.