Sunday, June 21, 2009

Life is Good

Life is good, when I really sit down and think about it. I'm a huge fan of lists so...

1. My family is AMAZING. We've been through some rough times in the past few months but things have calmed down and I can honestly say that I adore my family...today, we went out to lunch and just having the five of us together was great.


2. Friends.
This list is so cliche, but really. I have a few friends that I can talk to about ANYTHING and I mean anything. I love these "soul friends" that this quote applies to...

*Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.*
- Dinah Craik

I'm starting to realize what a blessing it is to have people that I can completely be myself around without having to worry about what they might think.



3. My Josh:) ... He's really become my best friend (well, one of them)...we can talk for hours about everything under the sun and anyone that can put up with my stubborn self deserves some recognition. hahaha. The boy makes me plain giddy.




4. It's obvious...I blog about my church all the time but I honestly LOVE IT! I feel His presence almost every week when I walk into the sanctuary and I'm so thankful that God blesses me in such magnitude every week.




5. I try to pretend that work makes me happy, but really....I'm happy when a customer is nice to me and appreciative (which is rare) and when I get that paycheck every other Wednesday.


6. I also pretend that it's okay that I don't see some of my favorite people over the summer very much, but it's not and I miss them a LOT!!!

This post is so all over the place, but I'm just feelin' grateful tonight!:)

2 comments:

Jordan said...

You blogged again! Why don't you tell me these things? I love, love, love this list post. And I must add, this was my favorite part... "anyone that can put up with my stubborn self deserves some recognition". And let the church say AMEN. Just kidding, but really, josh must be a good, good man to put up with you! Ok, kidding again. Blog again soon

Josh said...

She really is the one that should be sainted for putting up with my difficult self. And I liked the giddy part by the way, it is an amazing feeling