Friday, February 4, 2011

10 Weeks Later....

***Update***
We ran our 5k this morning. It was 32 degrees and pouring down rain! It was a lot harder than we thought it would be because we didn't train on any hills and the entire course was hilly. The last hill resembled a mountain and it was very unpleasant. Our time was 39.15. I can't believe we did it! :)


Ten(ish) weeks ago I came across a blogger who was doing this program called Couch to 5k where you could supposedly go from being a couch potato to a 5k runner in nine weeks. I was intrigued and skeptical. I decided to tell Josh about it (just because I basically tell him everything) and of courseeee he wanted to do the program. I didn't want to do it. I don't like exercising (mainly because I am a wimp/quitter when I start to hurt) but he encouraged me to try it. So, we signed up for a 5k a few days later...because we figured that we should invest some money in it as a motivator. The first week was extremely difficult and we only had to run for a minute at a time. I have flat feet. Like almost totally. It is not fun to walk, much less run, when you have flat feet. I have no arches to support me. I got some orthodics ordered from Josh's mom's chiropractic office and that made it better. But I digress... Anyway, the second week we were running around campus at Campbell and I had a meltdown. I basically told Josh to go do it himself and that I was done etc etc etc. I used a few really mean choice words that I am not proud of. He encouraged me and I finished that run...and then I finished eight more weeks of runs. Now I can run (well, jog) 3.1 miles without stopping. This is a big deal for me. I am the person who hates exercising and quits as soon as it hurts. I am so proud that we completed the program and are running a 5k tomorrow. I will post the results some time later this weekend! And if you want to start running, trust me...you can do it! I hope I use this experience to realize that all things in life don't come easy...but most things that are worth doing aren't so easy to do most of the time. :)

1 comment:

Josh said...

I'm so proud of us and I like your post. Love you cutes