Sunday, October 7, 2007

Imagination.....

When I was a little girl, my imagination went wild. I had an entire score of imaginary friends and I entertained my family and neighbors and friends with stories of Crystal Dee and Windsock and Windhouse and many more. Crystal Dee even died once in a housefire and came back to life. Wow, I definitely had a very active imagination. However, once I began school my imagination kinda just went down the drain. Throughout grade school (wow, I just sounded like my grandma) I tended to be somewhat envious of people that were creative and could come up with stuff off the top of their heads that just sounded fun. I am proud to say that I think that my imagination is coming back now that I go to college in a town that has one stop light. There is pretty much nothing to do at Campbell, especially on the weekends (which I experienced firsthand this past weekend--it was my first weekend ever staying here). Pretty much, I was bored out of my mind by Friday night.. I had begun to suggest stuff to my roomie to do--stuff that I would have never thought of before coming to college. Saturday, we took pictures running and jumping off the fountain and taking a picture as we were suspended in mid-air. OR how about the homemade facials I suggested. She made hers out of milk of magnesia....The look that I got from some other people when I grabbed a bottle of it at Walmart was priceless. OR how about the pumpkins that we bought and painted....I know I sound crazy, but I am easily having as much fun as I have ever had in my whole life here.
I was wondering what in the world brought back this "revival" of my imagination. I think its because I have once again started to appreciate the small things in life. Toward the end of my high school career, I was bored and angry and tired of everything around me. I was tired of getting up every morning at 6, then going to school all day, then going to work til 6, then doing loads of homework and being too tired and stressed to do anything else besides fall asleep. I was concerned with making good grades, and stressed because calculus was kicking my BUTT. I was tired of the same ole same ole stuff. I was tired of being in school for seven hours a day. But now, I'm in class for 16.5 hours a week, and although sometimes I DO get stressed and I DO just want to hit the snooze button instead of getting up and listening to an 8AM lecture about the French Revolution I am typically much happier with life than I was a few months ago. So, since there isn't much to do here, I have found more time to spend in prayer and reading my bible and laughing and coming up with outrageous things to do instead of sitting around griping and complaining about the routine schedule and moods that I was experiencing.
God is so good! He amazes me every day! Oh, and another thing. Now I appreciate church even more than I ever have before in my life. I'll admit that I was getting annoyed with feeling like I "had" to go to church...not that my parents forced me but still. Now, Zebulon Baptist Church is probably what I look forward to the most on the weekends. The fact that I don't have to go but there's not a place in the world I would rather be makes me really happy... . Goodness, I ramble on and on here............but the point is.....

I definitely made an excellent choice when I decided on Campbell University and God is at work in my life:)

No comments: