Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Smile.

I just had a small epiphany. Okay, maybe I am being dramatic. Its a pretty important realization to me though. Ok, so I didn't have the best day today...it wasnt terrible but it was just kinda gloomy outside and rainy (I am thankful for the rain though!). I got stuck in a torrential downpour on my way back from class with NO umbrella, got soaked, didn't feel well, the list goes on.....and my day wasn't that great. Tonight, I still don't feel well and I have a mound of work to do. But I was just looking through my myspace pictures and realized how important a smile is. God has blessed me. I can smile, with an expression of insurrmountable joy on my face. There are so many people in this world that are torn and brought down by so many things--cheating, rape, depression, death....Sometimes I feel so helpless...like I cant do anything to help these people that are hurting. I have my smile though. On days when I don't feel like smiling, I could smile at someone and make them realize that someone cares. I am just so thankful that I can smile and I have reasons to smile (a Sovereign God that loves me more than I can even begin to imagine, Jesus who died for me, a fabulous church that I LOVE attending every week, my amazing family that I absolutely love more than anything in this world, wonderful friends that make my heart smile, getting an education, etc). Looking at those pictures just renewed my positiveness...def needed that! I need to be more thankful for my many reasons to smile and put forth an effort to share it with others more :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marah dear, nothing you say is stupid. It's all an inspiration to me. I promise. See, you made me realize that just because I dont have everything I want, I have everything I could ever need and more and am so abundantly blessed. Blessed with an amazing roomie like you. its kinda cool. thanks for the reminder.