Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Random Thoughts...

I love lists, so that will be the form of my post tonight! Enjoy my pointless rambling!

1. I ordered my cap and gown today. $89 dollars later, I will be sporting a black gown with orange and a white sash celebrating being the 125th graduating class from Campbell University in a month and a half!!

2. I cannot believe I am graduating in a month and a half. It is an absolutely crazy thought! For the longest time, I thought this day might never come. And now, it's rapidly approaching!!!! I'm so ready to be done with this major.

3. Where oh where am I going after I get my undergrad degree. Right now, I really have four options I'm considering.
a--> Master's in Community Counseling from CU -- yeah, yeah...I know it's not my fave place but I am seriously considering a career in counseling and CU is the closest school for me. Also, the program is only 2 years.
b--> Joint Master's of Divinity/Master's in Counseling. -- if I chose this option, I could do Christian counseling (which would be awesome)! The MAJOR downside is that this program is 4 more years. Can I handle four more years of school?! Good question.
c--> Master's in Marriage and Family Therapy from ECU. --this would be my most convenient choice since I plan on getting married sometime in the somewhat near future. With J in Farmville, it would be super-duper convenient to be in school ten miles away. However, the program sounds difficult and I've already passed the deadline for the fall. I don't know...I honestly haven't done enough research
d--> find a job in the Business world...doesn't sound too appealing to me!

4.The future scares me, so I try to avoid thinking about it. I can't do this anymore. The future is on the horizon.

5. I just finished writing an 11 page case study. I've been staring at the computer so long, my eyes are almost crossed. I think I'll sign off on that note!

Comment with what YOU could most see me doing in the near future!:)
Goodnight!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Hmm. You have some tough decisions but I think if I were you I would do the divinity/counseling or ECU. What is 4 more years of school you have your whole life ahead. But thatis a big decision. And ECU well im kinda partial. Haha. Anyway, im sure you will make the right decision!